Thursday, July 07, 2005

Angkor What??

Well, I'm quite happy that I decided to come to Cambodia. Just finished a day going around some of the temples near here in Siam Reap. Made it up for sunrise this morning at Angkor Wat (or rather, stayed up for sunrise!), a nap was had and then spent the afternoon going around the temples in Angkor Thom. Unfortunately, we had to cut the day short before sunset as the heavens have opened here and the temples aren't the same if you can't get out and walk around them.

I'm here with three Germans, 2 brothers and a sister( Philip, Justus and Francesca[hope they're spelt right]), that I'd met on the Khao San. Took us just short of 11 hours to get here, bout 5 from Bangkok to the Border, another 2 to actually get through the border and then we hired a taxi to bring us to Siam Reap which took another 3 and a half hours on some of the worst roads I've ever been on (A large section of the trip was on a dirttrack!!) We'll probably stay here until Saturday, though if the rain gets any worse, we may go tomorrow.

I'm still wrecked so I'm going to cut this post short. I'll fill in any gaps tomorrow.

Slan

Niall

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home