Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Same Same.....But Different

Right, Patong is a hell hole! It's just like one big market, there's always someboday trying to sell something, and if I get asked by one more tailor to come in and have a look, I may have to get violent! I don't care anymore if it's slow business for them!! The place may as well be called Khao-San-On-Sea! Prices are a little cheaper though probably because it is low season but it's the same stuff that can be found all over Thailand!! It's just one big resort, wouldn't be put of place on the Costa del Sol or some other of those places! And it's so damn expensive!!!! I will give it one thing though, the beach is nice!

I know that whole paragraph sounds a little angsty, but things are not all bad. Went to Kata-Karon today and it was a much more pleasent experience. The Karon beach was empty, 'cause the seas were too rough there for swimming. I have a feeling that Karon must have be annihilated during the tsunami as there was little if anything, along the sea front in terms of buildings! Kata's waters were calmer......and surfable!!!! At the southern end was a place were boards could be rented and there must have been 'bout 20 or so guys in the water, so I felt obliged to join in! It was bloody hard work! The seas were quite strong but I did get standing a few times so I was very happy!! It'll probably one of the only times I'll surf without wearing a wet-suit!!! I have photos of the two beaches that I'll post up whenever I find a computer that'll let me!

I think I'm getting pretty good at this whole traveling solo thingy, made my way to the main street with all the bars and managed to get talking to a group of people, including a Welshman, a South African, an Ozzie and believe it or not, a guy from Gweedore!!

Heading up to Ranong tomorrow morning, should get there around 5 or so and the main aim of going there is to try and get into Burma/Myamar for the day after (Friday). Hopefully it'll all work out.

To the lads:
I take it then the 3 who stayed on in Ko Tao are going Siam Reap first? That's cool, i'll head out there myself from Bangkok. I'm hoping to leave Ranong some time on Saturday but I don't know when I'll get to Bangkok. I'll try for an early bus so it's not too late when I get in. I'll let ye know as soon as I find out.

Oh, I put the countdown clock back up as I've realised I've got less than two weeks here, so the clock is to remind y'all at home how much time ye have to plan my "Welcome Home" party !!!;)!!

Sin e

Niall

0 Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home