Thursday, June 30, 2005

I feel rather alone!!!

It's now around 7.30 here, which means that it's been nearly 9 hours since I've seen another white skinned person!!

I'm in Ranong now, having spent the best part of 7 hours travelling up the west coast. I'l probably only stay tonight as there seems to be not much of a backpacker vibe here and my Thai is not nearly good enough to stay around too long. So the plan is this : Get up early tomorrow and go to Kaw Thung, which is the southernmost tip of Burma. I'll only stay for a few hours, as whatever visa thing I get doesn't allow me to go beyond the town limits. Then it's back here to Ranong and getting the first bus to Bangkok. It's a roughly 8 hours journey so I'll end up arriving in the wee hours of the morn so lads, if ye're in Bangkok, can ye let me know where y'all are staying so I know where to crash!

No real other story, as my last post was less than 24 hours ago and most of the time between has been spent on a bus or sleeping (and in some cases both simultaneously!!) Oh, one little tit-bit from the bus journey, we ended up going through 3 military checkpoints in the last two hours of the journey, which was kinda worrying. Maybe it has something to do with the man-hunt for a serial-killer that is happening in the south of the country these days........

Niall

4 Comments:
hey niall team 67 here shane and i areleaving forbankok tomorrow at 8 so we should be there at 6 ish hopefully will we book a three man room foru and us if so text shanes phone before 2 o clock cause thats when were going to try and ring kosan palace to book a room......until then peace out:)
 

hey tomas and ross, me and the girls have arrived in phnom penh and are staying in number 9 guest house on the lakeside, the rooms are wild cheap and weve told em ur coming. hopefully see you guys tmoro. niamh eimsy and jade.
 

hey guys..what's the crack?! i'm back home,pretending to be german...but i'm doing good,all my german is back.it's really cool to see all the people again!!hope you guys had fun in cambodia!enjoy the rest of your trip and see you soon.miss u..the german
 

hey niall paul here niall and i are in the kaswan inn.... when u stand looking at the enterance of the shamrock bar the alley way to the left down the very end there is an open plan reception we are in room505 under my name we probably will be in bed early ...the coma has struck again anyways well be waiting caht u soon il keep an eye out later team 67
 

Post a Comment

<< Home