Saturday, June 25, 2005

Divide and Conquer!!

Team Thailand have taken on a new plan of action! We've decided that we'll take over the country quicker if we separate, with me taking over the West Coast and the other Lads taking on the Islands and the road from Bangkok to Cambodia!

What that army talk actually means is, as I'd briefly mentioned in the last post, that Team Thailand as a fivesome is no more! We all left Koh Phagnan yesterday morning, with Shane, Paul, Ross, Tomas, and Hetty heading further north to Koh Tao, where they were all hoping to get some diving done and the myself, Niamh and Emer Cread, and Niamh's friend Jade all headed westward to Surat Thani on the Mainland.

In typical fashion, it started to bucket down the moment we landed arrived at the pier in Surat Thani, after a pretty harmless 4 hour boat journey. A quick scramble to town followed where the next plans of action were formulated. Found a tourist office that was able to get the three girls train tickets to Bangkok and one that was able to get me a bus ticket to Krabi, on the West Coast. My bus left ten minutes after i bought the ticket so I didn't even have time to change out of my soaking wet clothes and air-con and wetness are not a good combination! I was near frozen by the time I arrived in Krabi two-and-a-half hours later. Thankfully, it wasn't raining heavily there. The bus pulled in at a tourist office so I was able to sort out accomodation pretty quickly. Got to the K.R. Guesthouse on Thanon Chao Fa bout half 8, tis a pretty nice place considering I'm paid four euro for the night! Krabi, however, seemed to be as dead as a doornail. I saw bout 10 people on my wander round and everywhere seemed to be shut, even the Irish Pub was emtpy! Went back to my room for an early night and plenty of reading up on the area, which resulted in me deciding to move on from Krabi this morning to Ao Nang.

Got to Ao Nang this morning bout 11 and booked in to the Seaworld GH, seems nice enough, got 3 beds all to myself as well as a fridge and a t.v. Decided I'm going to actually do something in this area, rather that just sit on my arse, so during half-time in the Lions match, I booked a one-day trip to Ko Phi Phi, leaving at 8.30 tomorrow morning ( which meant I'd to go and buy an alarm clock) Ao Nang seems considerably livlier than Krabi, suppose çause it's a beachside whereas Krabi wasn't, but they're still way quieter than the Samui Islands.

I think that's all for now, trying to find a way to Phuket for tomorrow night after I come back from Phi Phi, but no success so far. I'll try make a post tomorrow evening, with perhaps even pictures from the boat trip.

Slan!

By thw way, feel free to entertain me with random e-mails: niall.p.k@gmail.com

2 Comments:
kelly son,how u gettin on?ko tao is class,shane n da german have left 4 da big bang 2day,we're gona go 2morrow,i was in a motorbike crash last nite!!!!!!!!!!!have a few a cuts but im alright,da guy drivin was worse off but also fine,YES pissed as a fart
 

Right kid. En route to Bangkok. Just waiting for the bus from Chumphon. Hope all's well over yonder. Meeting up with Niamh and Eims tomo I think and heading on to Angkor then. Should be fun.Proper e-mail at a later date i swear ! Take care man (oh the site looks gerat btw)
 

Post a Comment

<< Home